Homemade Blueberry Lemon Danish - the soft homemade lemon dough filled with blueberry pie filling makes an easy breakfast or snack recipe that everyone will love.
This past week has been crazy busy around here. Our church provided lunches on three days for a local elementary school as a way to say thank you to the teachers for all their hard work. I made some funfetti sugar cookie bars and fudge for the first two days, then I decided to make cute little cheesecake parfaits for the last day. Let’s just say that 60 parfaits seemed like an easy thing when I first started.
One of my absolute favorite brands to work with is Lucky Leaf®. I get so excited each month when it is time to pull out the pie filling and start developing new recipes for them.
This month I decided to make another batch of homemade danishes. I had a feeling pie filling would be a great addition to the soft pillowy dough circles.
This easy Homemade Blueberry Lemon Danish is delicious way to start out the day. A soft dough and blueberry pie filling makes these breakfast treats come together so quickly.
For the Dough
- 3 cups baking mix*
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- 6 Tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup milk
- 2 Tablespoons lemon zest
- 1 - 21 ounce can Lucky Leaf Blueberry Pie Filling
For the Crumble
- 2 Tablespoons flour
- 2 Tablespoons quick oats
- 2 Tablespoons cold butter
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
For the Glaze
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Line three baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Mix together the baking mix, sugar, and butter until it is crumbly. Stir in the milk and lemon zest and mix with a fork until a soft dough comes together. It will be very sticky.
- Drop 6 spoonfuls of dough onto each prepared pan. Use the back of a spoon to press the dough out creating a well in the center of each one.
- Spoon the pie filling evenly into the center of each pastry.
- Use a fork or pastry blender to mix together the crumble topping. Sprinkle it evenly on top of each danish. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove and let cool on the pan for a few minutes before moving gently to a wire rack.
- Whisk together the powdered sugar and lemon juice and drizzle over the tops of each cooled danish. Store in a loosely sealed container.
Please feel free to try our other recipes :